"Tips & Tricks for Developing a Winning Essay"™ Workshops
"Tips & Tricks for Developing a Winning Essay" is an interactive workshop for juniors/rising high school seniors sponsored by high schools around the country. The workshops are exclusive to the students of the host school. If your school is interested in hosting a "Tips & Trick" workshop, please contact us at Info@BestCollegeFit.com or 717.808.85462.
For many students, the college essay is the most challenging aspect of the application process. Regrettably, very few actually use the space well to advance their causes. This workshop identifies key factors considered in the candidate review process and reveals the manner in which admission officers approach the essay/personal statement.
Participants will engage in a series of reflective, creative and editorial activities designed to help them develop compelling college essays. They will:
- Develop a greater awareness of, and confidence in, their "voices"
- Discuss essay prompts from the Common Application
- Review selected short and long answer essay prompts taken from the application "supplements" of highly selective institutions
- Explore elements of their life experiences that reveal depth of character and breadth of perspective
- Engage in exercises designed to help them identify key messages and themes to be highlighted in their own essays
At the conclusion of the workshop, participants will be prepared to write their college application essays. Students will learn:
- How to unlock the power of their unique messages
- Strategies for effective risk-taking that sets them apart
- Topics, phrases, and words to avoid
- Editorial tips for making a good essay great
- Strategies for addressing "irregularities" in their applications
- For juniors/rising high school seniors
- Students should be prepared for extensive writing/note-taking
- The workshop may not be recorded